New to Forum - looking for suggestions

I’m new to the forum and would really appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that people may have.

I have two children, a 4 1/2 yr old daughter and an 18 mo. old son. We’ve always made a lot of effort to teach my daughter her letters, numbers, and reading. She has a difficult time focusing though and it is a definite struggle at times.

I’m writing to ask for thoughts on my son though. He has an insatiable appetite for learning. At 18 months, he knows all of his uppercase letters (since 13 months), all of his numbers, and now knows almost all of the lowercase letters. He knows all of the sounds for every letter as well, and we’re now trying to work with him on sounding out words, which he seems to understand. The unfortunate part is that he can’t pronounce most of the words - his verbal skills are behind my daughter(when she was 18 mos.), but simply by quizzing him, he gives us the correct answers on everything. He seems to have an amazing memory, and will work on letters and books non-stop.

So I’m looking for suggestions to keep him inspired and learning. I admit that I’ve not looked through many of the posts on the forum and plan to read a little bit more later this evening after the kiddos are in bed. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.