New to BrillKids and very excited!!

Hello everyone,

I am obviously new to this site and is very excited. I am excited about teaching my baby anything I can possible. My little boy just turned 9 months old.

I have started the Glenn Doman reading and math program with him since he was 7 moths old. He is beginning to lose interests in the flash cards. I make the sessions very brief. We have 6 reading sessions and 9 math sessions. In between we also have informal sessions of flashcards on shapes, alphabet, and colors. I use the flashcards at least 30 minutes apart. I also use a joyous and happy voice when doing the sessions. I have tried adding new cards and retiring old cards faster. He still seems uninterested. What am I doing wrong? Thanks ahead of time for any advice you can offer. :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Hi TrulyPearl,

Welcome to Brillkids.

You can stop the lessons for a while. And then after sometime, re-introduce the lessons again.
Try to lessen the number of cards for each session. Showing 2-3 cards each session will do.
There are no hard and fast rules. You don’t have to follow strictly the Doman recommended schedule.
What is important is that you and your child are having fun.

HI AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM. we are glad to have you here. plese feel free to browse the forum and share your ideas and experience with us

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15

hello & welcome to the forum. i have been browsing through the forum from a few days & find it very interesting & helpful. since the time i have started showing downloads to my son from brillkids he seem to be happy & catching up things really fast…
you’ll definitely enjoy being here…

I agree with jemjem.

Wait until your child walks. He will become more less interested. That’s true since they want
to explore more and just don’t want to sit and be on a certain place at a time.
So I think lessen your lessons and look for his mood. Sometimes they are not just in the mood
to have lessons. But everyday is not always like that. There are times that they are very
receptive.
So just be patient. We have been into that too. :slight_smile: