New Special Needs Mom

Hi everyone!
I have been using the BrillKids software (Little Math, Reader, and Music) with my son who is now 15 months, since he was 12 months old. My son has Trisomy 9, so I thought this would be a good way to jumpstart his vocabulary, speech, and math. All I can say is WOW. I am constantly amazed at how interested and entertained he is with the software. He absolutely loves it and he has learned many vocabulary words just from sitting a few minutes every day. I know this because I also purchased the Little Reader Touch for the Ipad and when the games pop up, he correctly identifies the pictures on the screen. I am SO excited and thankful for this wonderful product! I am looking forward to meeting everyone here in the forum and would especially love to hear from any other parents who have special needs kids who are using the software to learn how you have integrated it into your child’s learning routine.
Kind regards,
Hoda

I am thrilled to hear about your child’s experience with early learning! Aren’t kids amazing? :slight_smile: We’re glad you found us, make yourself at home! :slight_smile:

So wonderful to hear about your experience, Hoda! Thank you for sharing it with us. It would be truly wonderful to hear from other parents of special needs children using Little Reader, Little Math or Little Musician.

To make it easy for everyone, I created a new topic where the testimonials can be shared! http://forum.brillkids.com/parents-with-special-needs-children/testimonials-using-lr-lm-or-lms-with-your-child-with-special-needs/new/#new

Cant wait to hear how our Little Learners with special needs are doing!

Thanks for sharing :happy:

So glad to hear it! I am a special needs mom starting out too, so hearing of your success is encouraging!

I am a mom with a son who has special needs too, Down syndrome in fact. It’s great that your son is doing so well! We’ve been using the free trial for months, and he loves it. I usually skip the games because it seems that he just smacks the ipad randomly, but maybe I should do them for him?

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement! I really need to look into getting the full version. :smiley: :smiley:

My son is 18mo, so our boys are kinda close in age.