NEW MonkiSee BOOKS!!!

We just received our copies of the two brand new MonkiSee books – “Know Your Monkey” and “Monkeys Like the Color…” I had been waiting for it so when it arrived I excitedly ripped open the package. My almost three year old is in love with Skip and Howie so when he saw them he practically shrieked and began to dance around. Unfortunately for him, it was almost dinner time so he had to wait to hear them. Immediately upon putting his fork down after his last bite he requested to hear the books. We cuddled up and read first one, then the second, then the first one again, and then the second one again…I thought it would go on and on that way, but we were interrupted by Daddy’s invitation to play – and Daddy trumps all – no matter what other exciting event is at hand! My son HOWLED at one particular page and as I was putting him down for bed tonite he was mimicking Skip and Howie’s expressions from that page, laughing hilariously as he did it.

What you’ll find in the books:
On the front cover is a list of key words that are highlighted in the book (“Know Your Monkey” has 21 words on the list, “Monkeys Like the Color…” has 59). Ideal for planning a pre-teaching or reviewing lesson.
The storyline follows a simple pattern: two pages of short text – fairly large print – and then on the next two pages two corresponding pages with a single word or two. For instance, in “Know Your Monkey”, the pages leading up to the ones that my son thought were so funny say “Monkey head, Monkey nose.” (words only) then on the next page it has an arrow pointing to Skip’s head saying “head” and another picture of Howie touching Skip’s nose with the word “nose”, then “Monkeys mouths open and close” (text only), and following that the cute (and apparently side-splitting funny to my three year old) pictures of Skip & Howie with their mouths open and another of them with them closed.
The text in “Monkeys Like the Color…” is in full sentences on each text page, but on the picture pages has both an adjective and noun. So, the page following “Howie likes the color red.” has a picture of Howie with his red shirt and a red hat on and the word box says “red shirt”. Tani & Lulu also make an appearance in this book.
I’m so glad we have these books! I’m quite confident that we’ll get a lot of use out of them. I think that over time they’ll be the tattered and worn ones that get taped up numerous times and follow us around from room to room. In the words of my son “Hooray for Skip and Howie!”
Here’s the link: http://stores.intellbaby.com/-strse-Books/Categories.bok

Awesome! I plan on getting these books too for my daughter to read. I like how they are resonably priced and the fact you can purchase them seperately… unlike Your Baby Can Read. If you lose a book or the book rips or tears its next to impossible to find a replacement book (not cool). I’m still trying to get my hands on the Volume 5 book for YBCR.
I think if I knew about Monkisee before I had bought the Your Baby Can Read that I would have went with Monkisee because what you get for the price is much more reasonable than YBCR.
Though I admit if Monkisee could come up with the sliding cards like YBCR it would be the perfect program.

Thanks for the thread ladies. :smiley: We will have to look into those sliding word cards. I have heard other parents say they love them.