NEW MOMS - using tv as a babysitter (minder)....

I know I’m sharing with the choir here, but there’s some good advice for NEW moms to avoid the obvious temptation of mindless TV as opposed to educational video to entertain your LO and get some ‘me’ time. Don’t do it. The only reason to turn on the tube is if there’s a learning opportunity (and that does not include Barney/Nick/Disney/etc…) Http://bit.ly/c8EozA

Great link McDume :smiley:

McDume,
i agree that it is important for a child to have his space and learn the ‘joyful habit of independent play’ but as someone mention, everything in life has to be balanced because humans since babies have to have interaction with others.
I remember when my grandson was aroun 16 month he sat on his pack and play and enjoy singing while turning the pages of one of his first books. He was really having a good time.
Thanks for this site, not only that link is very good but it takes us to others that are also very helpful. i hope the day has more than 24 hours. :yes:
Karma to you.

I have to admit that I have turned on the tv to keep the kids entertained while I had something important to do. Really though, aside from filling the kids heads with a bunch of useless junk, my kids get bored of it within about 10 minutes and are running around playing again. My advice is just get them books. Kids like to use their imaginations and should be encouraged to do so.