New Mom, new to Brill Kids!

Hi there, I am a new mom, excited to help my beautiful baby girl grow and learn. I have a few questions though, how does one earn karma? And how does one make their own set for little reader? Also, if there are other resources you moms out there know of and use, I’d love to hear about them.

Hello and Congratulations on your little girl!

Karma is given to you by other forum members, usually when you have given helpful advise or linked to something useful, that sort of thing. Or just because they like you lol

It took me a while to figure out LR, too, but it isn’t that hard to make files once you know the secrets :slight_smile:

What I do (which may be long winded and incorrect but works for me) is go to the ‘playlist’ section in ‘advanced edit’. Create a new playlist. Name it according to the set of words you want to add. Click on the edit button. Add any random category. Click on the playlist you just made. Under the ‘word settings’ tab, double click the first word, which will bring up the ‘edit word’ box. You can then type whatever word you like, remove the old pictures/videos and add your own, and record sound files. Remember to change the word file nane under the ‘other’ tab. Repeat.

As I said, I don’t know if there is an easier way - it took me ages to figure this out - but it works. Maybe someone can tell us a better way :slight_smile:

Good luck teaching your baby :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi eyesofhope, welcome to the forum!

You may want to check the Little Reader manual or our video tutorials for further instructions on how to customize or create your own lessons:

Little Reader Manual

1. Open Little Reader and go to SUPPORT > Manual,
  2. Or visit this page: http://support.brillkids.com/little-reader-manual.php

Little Reader Video Tutorials

1. Open Little Reader and in the START GUIDE, go to the Tutorial Videos section
  2. Or visit this page: http://support.brillkids.com/little-reader-video-tutorials.php

The manual and video tutorials will tell you how to do these in the standard way (which may seem like a long cut). MummyRoo’s method is also correct, and it’s definitely okay to find a way that works best for you :slight_smile:

The process of creating your own lessons may take a while (depending on how many lessons you plan to make), but once you get the hang of it, I’m sure you’ll be able to make your own lessons quickly!

Have fun, and happy teaching!