New mom from Indonesia needs help

Hi all. I am Amalia. I have a daughter. Now, I am doing my thesis. The title is “Stimulating Baby’s Reading Ability by using Glenn Doman”. I will do a case study of my daughter. Can you give comment on my title? And give me suggestion,please.

what kind of help you need from us. can you explain a little bit more so that it could be easy

Is this an accredited university?

Have you already obtained IRB (Institutional Review Board) approval??

Specifically what department (major) are you working from? (English, Early Childhood Education, etc)?

I ask because I’m finishing up my PhD on a (somewhat) similar topic.

Yes, it is. I’ve got the IRB. I am from Education of English dept.

That’s surprising to me. In America, it would be very difficult to get approval for a topic where you’re testing anything on children (especially infants), and a thesis (or dissertation) that looked at only one’s own child wouldn’t be considered scholarly enough.

Plus, testing one one’s child is complicated because you cannot protect the child’s identitiy–if you say you tested on your child, everyone knows exactly who you’re talking about in the study (there’s no way to completely protect the child’s identity). That’s very problematic for the IRB review board at many American institutions.

Yes…That’s another problem too. But, I can’t think of any other topic.

I’m also in English, and my dissertation looks at societal connotations of literacy (using Brian V. Street’s ideological vs. autonomous model) and it brings in Glenn Doman in one chapter.

I think it’s a great topic, and if your IRB board will let you do it–go for it!!

Unfortunately, my IRB board said anything that tests programs on babies was out :confused:

Thx for your suggestion.