New lady in the South (USA)

Hello Everyone!

And thank you so much for such a valuable resource! I have “been here” for a while now and just haven’t piped up to say hello!

My name is Bri. My little guy is Josiah, and he is 1 1/2. I have been trying to gather resources for him since I started staying home in May(This was after wrestling in my mind with thoughts that I could do better outside of the home rather than in!). Now, I am a SAHM and a self proclaimed professional mother! I have not actually purchased the brillbaby software, however I think it looks wonderful. I don’t think it would work for us as my little guy likes to push all the buttons himself and when I do it, my finger always seems to slip! Instead, I will be creating my own videos. I figure that if he loves tv then I should turn that into something beneficial!

Now, let it be known that he doesn’t just watch tv all day! He is an active lil guy and he loves books. He is always toting one around the house. In fact, about a week ago, my husband and I were still up at midnight and little guy woke up and managed to open his door! We heard the door swing open, and the next thing we know, he is running into the living room squinting his eyes against the light with The Cat in the Hat in tow! At midnight!

He knows the sounds of all his letters at this point and I am trying to build upon that. I had been doing cardboard flash cards fo a while, but it always was difficult for me to remember to do them every 15 minutes. By the end of the day, we would only be half through. So now, I am putting my own spin on things. And finding this site has given me the confidence to do so! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Welcome to the forum! What state do you live in?

We live in Alabama right now. My husband loves it here. :biggrin:

I live in SC. I just can’t seem to find anyone else who lives here!

There is a gal on here named Shadah ( I think that is her screen name) whom I met while she lived in VA, very nice lady with a 3 year old I think . She just moved to AL so maybe you can message her. Although, I think she is without internet for a while until they get settled.

Good luck!