New here!! English speaking and 24 month old son with Down Syndrome : )

Hi Everyone!
I am new here and have a 24 month old son with Down Syndrome. Some other mommy’s have told me about this program and that it’s great!! I’m looking forward to learning more… Any advice on how to start with an “older” child will be greatly appreciated!! BTW, I am also mommy to three older girls (11, 9 and 3 years old).
Thanks!!
Anna

Hi! I don’t have advice as I am also very new, but I too have a (6month old) son with Ds! I believe I may “know” you from the Unlimited Potential branch of Babycenter. :slight_smile: In any case, hello! :slight_smile:

Hi!! You do know me from BBC Unlimited Potential, my picture is the same both places : ) !! Thanks for saying “hello” and good for you starting “younger”. I’m reading the Doman book on Teaching Your Baby to Read right now (just picked it up yesterday at our library) and I’m doing A, B, C cards at least once daily (with pictures) and Jacob LOVES them!! Thanks again!!

You are doing great.expose her to large sized picture book and work with him .
Don’t focus only on book some time play with real things like identification,distinction. :slight_smile:
It will definitely work. :laugh:

Welcome to our community! It is wonderful to have you here.

As far as advice, I would suggest to just follow your mommy’s instinct and have fun. Keep your teaching fun and personal, do not concentrate on results, but rather enjoy the process, and you will be surprised of the things your baby will learn in the meantime. Do lots of interaction, repeat, repeat, repeat in different settings. Cheer your baby!

And I do not think that 24 months is “late”, it is a perfect age to learn and interact.

You are doing great already!

Just wanted to say hi, I’m new here to and also have a son with DS who is 4.5! :smiley:

Nice to see you here!

You are still starting very early! Personally I wouldn’t really do anything different than if I were starting with a younger child.

Good luck, & feel free to ask any other questions you may have. :slight_smile: