New Dad checkng the site out

Hello everyone, I’m a proud new daddy to a beautiful 2 week old baby girl, Ella Mae. I’ve always loved babies and am very excited for my wife and I to finally have our own.

I came across the site after doing some searching on the web for infant stimulation cards. I had taken a Child Psychology course in college as part of my Psych minor and remembered reading about high contrast images and how they can help develop neural connections and simply just keep baby interested. Now I’m excited to learn even more from the site and all of the members of the forum. The wife thought I was a little crazy at first with the “baby flash cards” but after seeing how even our 2 week old really concentrates on them I think I have her convinced :biggrin:

Welcome to the forum GreyStreet! :smiley: It’s great to see dads interested and involve in their babies brain development. You are going to find a lit of interting information here, infant stimulation cards is just the beggining of the amazing things our precious babies can learn. :yes:

Please let us know if you have any questions! :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Thanks for the welcome.

I am actually a little curious if there is a good place to start. Like a sticky or something that directs to some good post to look at first for new parents or any ‘Best of List’. The amount of info the site seems to have is amazing, but at the same time slightly intimdating. Just not quite sure where to start.

http://www.brillbaby.com/teach-baby/survival-kit.php

Have you seen that yet?