New and very excited!

Hi everyone, my name is Amanda and I am mommy to a 20 month old little girl and a baby boy due in May. I stumbled across this site and what a godsebnd it was. I just purchased the YBCR system and was looking for more information about it. I was shocked to see that instead of finding reviews and opinions of the program I had wandered into a heated debate surrounding the topic of teaching your child. I was so surprised, how could anyone think that teaching your child is a bad thing? So I was relieved to find your site and read the wealth of information provided. We have been reading to our daughter since birth and love watching her learn new things. We are very excited to utilize this site and the YBCR resources. Thank you again!

Hi :slight_smile: Yes its amazing that some people think that educating your kids is wierd… I think thats the sole purpose of being a parent… well that and providing lots of love :slight_smile: welcome

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! I’m glad to hear that you have been browsing the forums. I hope you will add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Hi Amanda27. Welcome :smiley:

I believe that where I live is a country of extremes, where there is extreme wealth and extreme poverty, with quite a few of us stuck in between.

What I can’t come to grips with is the people who can afford good education for their children are soooooo ignorant when it comes to teaching a child. A lot of the mothers that I know are completely amazed that I use flash cards for my 17 month old daughter :nowink:

So, enjoy what you find on these forums and happy teaching! This site is tops!

HI AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM. WE ARE GLAND TO HAVE YOU HERE. FEEL FREE TO BROWSE THE FORUM AND SHARE YOUR IDEA AND EXPERIENCE

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15