New and Ready to Learn! Advice for a new mom?

It amazes me at the mass of parents on this site who are so eager to invest into the lives of there children. Growing up In the public school systems, my parents did there best to promote my sister and I to excell in school. We both made top grades, in public school grading scales. By paper we had 4.5s due to advanced placment classes. Unfotunitally it was a joke, and we discovered afterward in college how much a joke it was. Our teachers failed to really promote a quality education. Basic math, and grammer and even foriegn language was a sloppy, assembly line, get the kids through the system effort.

Now I am a new mother. He 4 months today! I want soo much for my little man, as we all do. My husband and I are determined to provide our son with a love for and a quality learning experience. When we first got pregnant I discovered YBCR, and BrillKids forum. We have been working with YBCR, and a bit of Doman inspired flashcards, Ipad BITs, and Doman Math via IPAD. We also try to expose him to Signing Times, and music and physical sensory activities. We read constantly (atleast 3books). I sometimes feel as if we are not doing enough, the right amount, too much, or the doubts of will it work, how do i get family to help out, and whatif he is smart, how do we further future education, will my lack of knowledge ruin him, and how do I help him when hes in school?

All these doubts terrify me, encourage me and motivate me to try and learn as much as I can to help my child to have all the tools he needs to run down the road of his full potential. Im asking you all, how did you start your journey? What methods are you using that might be useful? What things have you had success in? What do you think I should research? What advice would you give a new mom?

Thank you sooo much for any help!

So many questions :smiley: I like that!
Firstly welcome to the forum. This is definatley the place to learn all you want to know. I suggest first you make use of the search button up there :yes: Type in any topic you want to learn about and read through the posts that pop up. It will turn you into an expert! :smiley:
Also please ASSUME that your baby is and will be smart! Babies are such little sponges. Anything you do is teaching them something. I teach by the moto of " imput, imput, imput" it’s wise to see your child education this way. Your job is to present the info, in a fun and loving environment. You don’t test or question just present as much information as you can. The results will follow eventually. You may not know when exactly you will see evidence but assume everything you teach is going in. Teaching this way you focus your energy on the parts that count. Organizing info ( bits) and presentation. It keeps learning fun for you all. It takes away the pressure of all your questions too!
You are off to a flying start already. I really like the little readder program. It takes ALOT of the work out of flash cards and includes phonics too. If you havnt already try the 14 day trial, under the red “free trial” button up the top. You can connect your computer to the big screen TV to get the large size words you need for 4 months old. The program is useful for years and well worth every cent. Do try it!
Love to hear more from you about your learning journey. Welcome.

Looks like you’re a few days ahead of us age-wise

It seems to me you’re doing quite a lot already. We haven’t even started YBCR or LR yet. Stay around and read through a few threads every so often, because you’ll cull ideas to implement.