New and need advice

Hi every one I have just joined brill kids and I am really impressed with the LR
I would like to introduce my kid who is a special need kid with a rare chromosomal deletion.
There are just 20 known cases in the world!
Well, he has sensory processing disorder, hypotonia,is very underweight, delayed in fine , gross motor milestones.
He can walk independently but cannot step up / down stairs on his own , can’t run/ jump
He babbles but not words yet.
He goes to preschool has an IEP, we also do private OT and PT for him.
I try to teach him but I have no idea how much he understands
I would like to get advice from you guys about how to help him to learn.
Where should I start? What can be done about his speech?
I would appreciate any help or suggestions
Forgot to add he is 3.5 yrs old now.
Please advice me if its too late to start learning systems mentioned here with him?
Many thanks in advance

Welcome! Glad you are here. There are lots of other parents here who have kids with various special needs. In case you haven’t yet seen the thread where some of these parents have introduced themselves and their little ones, here is the link: http://forum.brillkids.com/parents-with-special-needs-children/please-introduce-yourself!/

My guess is that you are not starting too late. :nowink: It is never too late to start this wonderful journey of teaching our kids! Have you downloaded the free trial of LR? That might be a good place to start. You could then see if your little man is interested in it or not.

Keep browsing through the forum; there is a lot of good information to glean here! And never be afraid to ask a question!!! Lots of wonderful, helpful people here! :yes:

Keep us posted on how things are going!

What has his pediatrician told you? Ours was pretty straight forward and provided good advice. Granted our child was not a special needs child, but the doctor can usually lead you to the right place.

I’m not doubting you’ve spoken with him/her, just wondering what advice was given.

Hello and welcome! It’s never too late to begin,
It sounds like early learning would provide very beneficial stimulation for your child. Also, go check out “what to do about your brain injured child” by Glen Doman at your local library to get a better background on the subject. There is another one I enjoyed called “The Disconnected Child”
I believe. I’m not sure if it would be fully applicable in your situation but you may walk away with valuable information so I would give it a shot. Let us know how things are going from time to time! Hugs to you and your little one as you start this wonderful journey.