Nervous and wanting advice about dd starting school in the new year

Hi everyone.

I am excited, nervous, sad and little bit trepidous about my daughter who is starting official school in Feb. Thanks to EL she will be starting school almost a year early and wont be quite 4 1/2 when she starts.

The school think she is ready and have told me that she has gone as far academically/emotionally/physically and socially as far as she can and has to move up. I have started to talk to my dd about what is expected of her next year and she doesn’t seem to like it one bit. She is in a Montessori school and I know they will take it very easy on her but I am still a bit worried as to how she is going to react when she is told it is time to settle down and do some work. She is very head strong and does not take to kindly to being told what to do!

Any advice to would be much appreciated on after schooling her as well I plan to keep her two years ahead in Math and Reading/comprehension. but I am unsure how to approach this with her. She has been very resistant to doing any work after school complaining that she is really tired. How to you keep your child ahead when they don’t want to do any more work? and do you recommend any after school activities while they are adjusting to school?

Kimba

I just came here to ask how it went, but I see she doesn’t start until February. I have no advice as I have not been in this situation, but I think she is going to do great!!