Need some input on resources for 12 mo old

Greetings everyone!

I was wondering if I could get some thoughts on doing YBCR & Monkisee in conjunction with LR. Given the fantastic reviews on for the product in general I don’t want to my child to miss out on these. However, we have LR so would YBCR and Monkisee be redundant or would they reinforce what he is already reading?

Also how well do Sparkabilities and Memory Magic work together?

Any input is much appreciated.

Thoughts anyone?

I would say that it is better to have varieties to keep the kids from being bored. The most important part is to keep learning fun. My current problem is that to keep the fun part since my kid feels that reading is boring.

I’ve used all the products you mentioned. My kid isn’t very interested in LR (sadly), but loves YBCR and “meh” on Monkisee. She loves Sparkabilities, but gets bored after about 2-3 months or so. Memory Magic doesn’t catch her interest at all. She loves Reading Bear at first and is getting bored with it now. We do Reading Bear from the start and she’s currently at the silent e parts.

Thanks robbyjo. When you do these programs together, do you let your child watch the entire session on the DVDs or just shorter segments?

For LR and Reading Bear: Shorter segments, usually 4 sessions (meaning, LR = 2 days worth of teaching, Reading Bear = 4 little boxes in the middle). The rest are played one DVD per session. I also got a very positive result with Preschool Prep.