Need help with Math lessons

I am staring math lessons with my daughter soon.I am still making dot flash cards.I need some help with math program.If someone is teaching it’s child with Doman dot cards please share your weakly schedule. I would appreciate your help.

Well… I I traduced the dots just like doman said. Followed his schedule to the letter. I started to change it up when I stArted equations. I did 3 sets of addition for a week, 3 sets of subtract for a week, etc. And I did the same thing for multiplication and division. I made up my own equations (btw, I bought the math set from doman. Didn’t want to make all those dots. I bought it on bay for cheap. Worth a look). Basically I cut the time doman suggests by half. Got the idea from shichida. You should read those posts as you will learn a lot. Right now we just completed the 3 integer equations and are now starting greater than/less than and fractions and sequences. In 2 weeks I’m going to start introducing numerals and still keep the dot cards going with simple algebra. But probably not until July.

Whatever you do just keep going. There are some days when I really think she understands everything and other days where I think it’s a waste of time. Just power though it. Definitely get doman’s book and look up the shichida maths posts on this forum. It will help you. I might look into little math. Totally worth it and will keep you on track!
Good luck and keep us posted,
The doc :clown:

Hi DrPrimo,
can you please tell me how many times did you show equations during the day and do you continue showing dots.I would appreciate if you can put here link to the Shichida posts that you mentioned.Thanks for your answear.

here’s the link:

http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-math/shichida-65-day-math-programme/

i also sent you a PM so take a look at that.

also, search all posts by Agnesdecham as she is the one who posted all of the shichida stuff and knows all things shichida. i am but a follower… lol

good luck!
the doc :clown:

I also have the doman math kit. I followed the book How to Teach Your Baby Math. I started with quantities:

2 sets of 5 dot cards, 3 x a day.
Each day I retire the two lowest cards and add two new cards.

When I got to about 60, I started including addition equations:

3 sets of 3 addition equations.

The equations were at random - no pattern as recommended by Doman to keep the lesson interesting. I did addition equations for two weeks, then subtraction, then multiplication (which we are still currently doing).

I started equations by showing all the dot cards, e.g. 5+6=11, I would show 5 dots, 6 dots and 11 dots. After a while, I dropped the first two cards and just showed the answer card. Doman says you don’t really need to show the cards by then because your baby has already learned them but showing the answer card helps to provide a point of focus for the lesson.

Sheng Li,
thanks for your answear and carma to you.Any information is good for me.
Dr.Primo,
I read your P Message.I will write you soon.

Is this done this way or similar in LM?

yes similar, but let me tell you… LM make it EASY!!! i can’t tell you how much time it took to get the equations together. i work so it was really hard. i wish i had had LM at the beginning. no books, no trouble, just do the lessons everyday. couldn’t be easier! best $$ i ever spent!
good luck,
the doc :clown:

great!!! I’m holding out fir the coupons that are suppose to be out in the near future! I can’t wait!!!

I found this link:
http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-math/dots-method-what's-the-right-order/msg48773/#msg48773

Really helpful for an overview of the math program and also for timings.

Another great post, which includes detailed ‘what to do’ for the first 16 days is:
http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-math/maths-equations/msg6350/#msg6350