Need help to buy an iPad

I am planning to buy an iPad for my 4 year old son but of course there are a tons out there so I have no idea which one to purchase for him. So, I need your help. I would like the best for the best price of course.
Thanks in advance.

There are lots of tablets. Apple is the only company that makes the ipad. Most (not all) of the other tablets are run off the android system.

I personally prefer an ipad because I like the apps that are available for early education. There are far fewer android apps.
I have an ipad 2 which is not the latest ipad and it exceeds all my expectations and there is nothing that I can’t do on it.

I am curious too. Is 16gb, 32gb or 64gb? If all you are using it for is early learning apps, will a 16gb do the trick?

That’s a good question too, thank you. I would also like to hear about good apps for early education. I remember for example that someone was talking about chess app one time. I would love to try it with my son. But also interested in math and music and reading and language too.

I have a 16gb and I have never exceeded the limit. I don’t save any music or video on it though. I have a lot of photos and a lot of apps. I am a little app crazy. I have at times needed to remove apps to add more as my son outgrew them. But the apps are always available for download again for free if you paid for them.
I do have a lot of PDF and kindle books on my ipad.

Stodd,
I have a 64GB IPad 2…here is the thing. I cannot see HOW I could fill it up unless I was using it for a business with lots of video. I have a full 9 pages of apps, and a few extras. (I think there are 20 icons per page, but many are in folders combined with others) I have hundreds of ebooks, PDF files, videos, and pictures. Just to give you an idea, I just checked my usage and I have not even filled half of the capacity…for most people this just would be unnecessary! (We got mine at a high demand period after driving to an Apple Store 3 hours away–they had absolutely NONE left other than mine, or I would not have purchased the 64GB!)

The other thing to consider is whether or not you want to spend the extra money for the 3G option…we opted not to- we have wireless at home, and almost everywhere you go has short-term wireless available. Also, you can always opt in later on a sort of pay-as-you go data plan if you wanted. And of course, you can always go through the home computer and ITunes to purchase new apps and such if you want to go that route…

Ah, and always hAPPy to talk educational apps :biggrin:

Thank you for the comments, was really useful.
Any particular place to find good early edu apps? Like I sad before, I would love some music, math, reading/spelling and chess apps. Thanks again.