Need curriculum suggestions for my 2 1/2 year old

Can anyone recommend books or a program to formally start teaching my 2.5 year old? She knows a lot already because of her early learning program so I am looking for something a bit more advanced than preschool learning colors and shapes, etc…

I would like something that has a theme and you learn around that. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

If you are looking for an all in one prepackaged type system I know My Father’s World is theme based (although it is also Christian, I don’t know if that’s okay with you). You could start with the Kindergarten curriculum.

I was looking at that today. Have you tried it? Do you know of anyone using it and likes it?

TexasLady (http://domaninspiredparenting.blogspot.com/) uses it and likes it I believe. You could e-mail and ask her more about it. We use a more thrown together approach with Kumon, RightStart, Reading Eggs, Flash cards and lots of read alouds. I looked at the program initially and liked it’s scope but we are just not theme people.

I use www.hubbardscupboard.org and www.adaycare.com plus www.daniellesplace.com

Mother of Faith,

Thanks so much for the links. They look great and just what I am looking for. I want something that has to do with crafts and learning and also includes reading books. I was hoping to purchase a hard copy of something because printing pages takes time and ink. If anyone else knows of something like this pleas let me know.

I understand! also www.carolscorner.us.com has awesome free resources. I will PM you about our ministry options.

Thanks for all the sites - we have been using a home-made “curriculum” with our daughter who is almost two up til now and it has worked for us - we just borrow themes and ideas from various sites and adapt them to our daughter, but I think as she becomes older we will want something more developed. I know www.sonlight.com does a programme for 3-4 year olds with lots of read alouds, but it doesn’t have much hands on - I would have preferred their 4-5 year old programme, but I think some of the books ar a bit advanced for my 2 year old and I think this is why we are sticking to our own curriculum so we can do what we want to do for now and suit it to our daughter.

I’ve also heard of one called “letter of the week” which has some good ideas. I’ve based some of what I do with my son on themes there.
Each week is based around a letter and it recommends a list of vocab words, a science activity, a math activity, a song, poem/rhyme of the week and a few other things. Good book lists too, suggested around the letter theme. There’s also a preparatory curriculum for younger kids to learn letters, colours, etc as well as a theme of the week, but that might be too easy for your girl.

I think that the site is www.letteroftheweek.com. It does also have a Christian based element to each week suggested but you can take or leave as you please.