my terifying pregnancy.

ok i will start by saying i love my daughter and would go through this again just to have her.

so it started when i was 8 weeks with headachs and nausea to the point that i had to be forced to take meds. in order to just function i fealt tearible that i had to, the doctors also ende up putting me on beadreast due to the fact i lost 40 lbs in the first 3 months of being pregnant. in about my 4th month i got a terible flue it was mid february and i was miserable i couldn’t breath without coughing i ended up in the er twice to get fluids and meds. it was horrifying. then when i was 25 weeks my water broke i went to the hospital and they told me i was wrong my bead was soked and there was even a puddle on the floor, while in the hospital i started to go into labor they gave me a few injections kept me over night prescribed me some pills then sent me home, it didn’t stop the labor for long 2 days latter i was back they once again did the same thing but prescribed me something different, then when i was about 27 1/2 weeks i had another sudden gush of fluid come out they just reppeted what they did and sent me home finally at 28 weeks when i had another gush my mother took me to a diferent hospital they hooked me up to a ton of monitors and where shocked that the hospital that i was in before failed to run any tests and didn’t treat me properly, they told me i wasn’t alowed to leave the hospital they were going to try and keep my little one in till 34 weeks but that didn’t happen at 32 weeks i had an ultrasound and discoverd my little one was breach, i started going into heavy labor to the pint where the meds didn’t stop it i had to have an emergency c-section, it went mostly smooth, my little one had obtaind a blood infection and had to go on iv’s the nurses and such where amazed by her she didn’t need to be on any kinds of muchines that most babies that young are on she breathed fine and with in the first week was eating great, thats not where the story ends while i was glad that my daughter was fine, my body wasn’t i got a bad infection in my wound they had to reopen the skin and make it heal in side out it was grose soon after that healed i had to go to the doctor and found out that i had a hernia so i had to have another surgery, 2 weeks after that they discoverd my uterus wasn’t clossed properly so all my insides where being forced in to my uterus had to have another emergency surgery then i had to battle with an infection that seemed to just refuse to go away it was hell on earth but for my daughter it was all worth it i just wish i had different doctors. my little girl is almost 7 months she is walking and learning to mimick and i’m hoping this program will help with learning to talk and read.

Hi baby_firefly,

Wow, what an experience!!! I thought mine had been rough, but it was a piece of cake in comparison. How wonderful that your little girl is well! How are you now seven months after all that trauma to your body? Did you find out what caused all the complications so that you can avoid them next time if you have another child? What was it like caring for a prem baby?

Glad to have you with us

TABS

Wow, I’m glad you are both ok now. It sounds like your daughter is doing just fine.