My son turns 4 months next week. What should I be doing for early learning?

Reading?
Signing?

New parent here…

Thank you

If i were you i would start reading programs like ybcr and LR
little bit later signing time.

what is LR?

He watches the YBCR, I copied the DVDs. Can I say that here? :slight_smile:

LR=Little Reader (software by brillkids)

here’s a link to other acronyms:
http://forum.brillkids.com/coffee-corner-general-chat/acronyms-explained/

Hi thisengineburns! Welcome to the forums and the journey of early learning! I am also fairly new to all of this, having discovered a whole new world a few months ago when I found BrillKids. I am blogging about my experiences in early learning and parenting in general at earlylearningdownunder.blogspot.com

My baby is five months old so we may be going through similar things! At the moment we are doing the Doman reading and math programs, watching one lesson of Tweedlewink a day, YBCR and trying to get on top of encyclopedic knowledge. We are also doing swimming and gymbaroo. Hope this helps and look forward to seeing you around!

Lisa

sooo much stuff!!

Where do you get the doran stuff? I found the website but no place to order.

Any place to get used Tweedlewinks or what not? This stuffs expensive!

Here is the link to the IAHP online store for the Doman teaching programs: http://www.gentlerevolution.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=G&Category_Code=K

There is also currently a used set of Teach Your Baby Math on eBay going for $10.50: http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Glenn-Doman-Teach-Your-Baby-Math-Program-/280588623780?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4154629fa4

Hope this helps!

Welcome to this forum thisengineburns. You will be delighted with all the wonderfull information around early development. At four month it is an excellent time to start. You can read about YBCR, LR and tweddlewink on just typing on the serach space.
Do not forget that all this activities take only a few minutes and you have to watch your baby’s reaction. If you see he is not enyoing it, well stop and try again some other day. Also play music. I bought ‘Bethoven’s Wig’ and ‘Themes to remember’ which i learn about reading smoe threads here. Both are very good and my grandson like them.
Oh, one important thing at this age is the ability to learn other languages. Try to get videos or music so that hi ear can get use to the different sounds around the world. If you or anyone in the family speaks more than one language, it is an excellent opportunity to give your child that preciopus gift of being bilingual, trilingual or more.
Hope you enjoy this travel with your baby. And again, welcome.

Unfortunately I didn’t find much in the second hand world and had to pay full price for most of our stuff, grrrr!! Let me know if you find any bargains because I’d love to get some more stuff (don’t tell my husband though!) I did spend some of my brillkids points buying coupons that I used to get a discount, ie; off the trebellina music DVD.

Lisa

My wife and her family are fluent in another language so he gets both every day.

Ordered the 1st Twiddlewinks CD and dl’d the phonics touch chart and flash cards. He watches YBCR every day (starting disc 2) and also Baby Signing Time. Loves the songs.