My Son Started Reading Fluently Before He Got 3!

:slight_smile: Dearest Everyone!

I am glad i have come across BrillBaby and BrillKids Software, indeed, i may not have known it 9 years ago, but i did the same approach in teaching my son to read. It was just an experiment thing for me based on the psychology books that i have read.I started reading for him and making him listen to classical music when he was still in my womb. When he reached the age of 6 months, i exposed him to objects, letters and sounds of alphabets. Amazingly, when he reached two years old, he started reading monosyllabic words and before i knew it, he started reading before he got three years old!!! I even tried asking him questions as i do with my high school and middle school students (since i am a language teacher as well) and he was able to answer each of them!

True indeed, that once we started initiating the love for reading to our children at a very young age, they will learn not only to read, but will also learn to read in order to learn. I believe, reading, authentic experience and positive environment will unlock the door of great opportunities for our children as they unleash their God-given gifts and potentials!

Enjoy Brill program…as i hope it would work for my new sets of learners too (in pre-school)!

A Mom and a Teacher,
Ces

Thanks so much for sharing that, Ces! Karma to you! :slight_smile:

It’s always such a joy hearing these ‘success stories’ from parents! Please do share more with us if you have time!

That’s really amazing Ces! My daughter is 3.5 yr old but she’s just learning words now. She enjoys story telling and she imitates me quite well. lol

Congratulations for having done such a great job. I do myself with my son of a year and a half. I just imagine the wonderful feeling of watching how all our efforts to teach our babies get rewarded when seeing them actually read !!. What a great thing! :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum, just stumbled accross it last night and I’ve been reading the posts.
I just wanted to share my experience. I didn’t realize it’s never too early to start teaching babies, so I didn’t start teaching my son to read till about 5months ago, (5 in November) but I tell you, in 5months, he’s reading so fluently, he even reads rather complicated words, like detective, kitchen, it’s really amazing.
I’m 7months pregnant now and I plan to use the brillbaby software to start teaching my baby as from 4 months.
I feel a bit silly reading to my bump at the moment !!! but I guess it would count as reading to her when I read to my son!

Hey

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I have recently become mother, and with the help of present programme, i hope even my child will also start reading by the age of 3. So good…

…minisha.