my son 2 1/2 years old can read 20 words

hi

I started with LR 2 months ago. :slight_smile: my son was not even talking at that time. Now he can read 20 - 25 words. Now I started showing LR to my 6 months old daughter too.

Thanks

• rakhi

congratulation rekhrex

when it comes to reading, if i introduce a new word then i would spell her the word repeatedly so that she can understand and read. then she would get learn the words.

once she know reading those words to check whether she really knows the words i make small story using those words and then ask her to read. she really go good at this and enjoy a lot. then we draw a picture for the story and and give her for coloring. we spend good time while teaching. she can read many of the words now

Hi rakhi,

Congratulation on your success.
It seems you daughter is same age as my son. my son also likes both Littler Reader and Little Math.
I give you a karma for your achievement. :smiley:

Thank you
xia

That’s great to hear!

Congratulations! Little ones just absorb as much as long as we teach them in a fun and joyous way. LR is a great tool! :slight_smile:

Hi zixu,

Thanks for comments!
how old is your kid?
what type of story you create if you can share story and picturae. I can also follow similar guideline to teach my lil once! :slight_smile:

Thanks
Rakhi

You are a proud mommy…congrats!!keep it up! :wink:

nice to hear this good comments. i will try to attach some of them for u all by tomorrow and will give stories too.

Great Job. Keep up the good work.

How old is your baby? congratulations!!!

Congratularions!! We know how you fell. Today I test my girls and che was reading 34 words, I teach 10 words for week, I put the words on my wall around the house. for my boy I teach 5 for week, But i’m not really consistent. I hope do better starting this week.

Hi

I am following LR/LM session 1 in afternoon and session 2 in night! My daughter is 6 1/2 mnth old and son 2 1/2. I have tested him for 25 words but I feel may be he knows more words. When I show all my family memebers he can read! They feel very proud that makes me feel very happy. I want to know what other activities I can introduce for him as sometimes he feels very bored and start crying unreasonably for attention from his pappa when he is around. Even if Pappa goes from one room to other he starts crying. Any suggestions?

Regards
Rakhi

now she is going to be 3 ( 2 y 8 m) but we started so very early

ok here gose

here is the word set

bird
fish
pond
water
glass

this is the story we wrote for the words.

Biggy is a blue bird.
Biggy has a fish friend.
He lives in a pond.
Biggy gave a glass to fish and fish gave water to biggy.

once E read the story i draw a picture for her according to the description. then she do color the picture.

sometimes to make the lessons more enjoyable i ask her about the name for the character or how the story will be build.

will post some more so that you can get the idea. and will give u the attachment of pictures toooooo

short and nice story rixu. I like your story :slight_smile:

Thanks ritux. share some more stories with pictures

ya sure i will

im so sorry about pictures. i will upload as soon as i get a scaner

now u can see a picture and tonight i will give som more stories

Hi Rakhirex,
You may now see your baby reading pictures and words even if shown only twice. This is what happens to my boy. I teach him 3 - 4 words new each day,but i tell him only twice and thats it,he learns. Babies grasp easily once they know the click!!!
try showing him couplets (use the word that he knows!!)…
Congrats for your hardwork and wishes for your son…