My next blog my interview with TmT (Thank you TmT)

Hi everyone.

Here is my interview with TmT. It is a first in a series I am starting called I’m just a Mom/Mum or Dad. I am trying to de-mystify early learning and help other Mums and dads that they can do it to.

Have a read http://smartbabysmartkid.com/2012/09/24/im-just-a-mommum-my-interview-with-tonya-and-her-journey-into-early-learning/

Let me know what you think

Kimba

By the way TmT thank you so much for being my first Mom/mum! I really appreciate it. I would love to have other mum/moms on my blog so if you are willing to be a guest blogger let me know, or watch out for a pm soon :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Thank you for sharing.

Happy teaching mums and dads!!

What a nice interview and a great idea, Kimba. I love Tonya’s answer regarding only allowing educational programming for the first few years. That is a definite way to increase a child’s intellect. It is so easy to do just that, that it makes me wonder why more parents don’t do it.

My sister is not a big early learning advocate, but she has consistently shown my 1 year old niece our MonkiSee DVDs and flash cards since she was a few months old. They are the only dvds she watches and she shows her the flash cards once a day. She has been most consistent with the dvds. Recently she came over and I “tested” Scarlett by holding up two cards and asking her to find a certain word and she got them right every time. My sister was freaking out because Scarlett is talking, but not enough to read the words out loud, but she could find the correct word each time. She is a perfect testimony to putting on good content. I am posting a video she took of my niece below. Early learning is awesome!! Thanks for the nice interview Tonya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiRSZFdQ_v4

Thanks Kimba,
I enjoyed reading the article, I think I will send others to your blog so they can read it to.
I also try and stop and look and teach about the tree (for example) whenever we can. I also don’t think I would do this as much if I hadn’t stumbled across early learning.
Early Learning isn’t that hard, you just break it up into small chunks all the time. Everyday there is just so much to teach and learn, why wait when they want it now.
thanks

Thanks Kiwimum. I think we need to de-mystify EL and by having everyday mums telling their story i think it really helps those mums sitting on he fence to jump in and start teaching!