My Introduction

Good Evening All,

My name is Ayesha Nicole and I am the mother of twin 19-month old girls. I am preparing my materials ahead of time, in order to teach my children how to read using the Doman Method. I have read the book and am reviewing Chapter 7.

I feel a little overwhelmed as I am attempting to create five sentences to form a themed book, and then break it down into phrases, couplets, and word sets. In the video from the Deluxe Set, Mrs. Doman emphasized going from words to books as soon as possible. Apparently some parents get stuck in the word/vocabulary stage for some time. I think it is cylical process with more words that become more complex each time you recreate the steps. Is this correct?

Any examples would be great. I will have to look around the site to get a better idea of what others are doing - and I hope to attend the Intelligience Course at the end of March 2009 at IAHP.

Thanks so much.
Sincerely,
Ayesha

good start and thinking Ayesha!!. keep it up. i am sure you can find lots of interesting thing for your twin. take time and bright their future

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

HOW ANOUT THE FREE DOWNLODS. WE HAVE LOTS. IN DIFERENT LANGUGES FOR SLID SHOWS AND FLASH CARDS. I THINK YOU WOULD LOVE THEM. JUST SEE THE DOWN LOADS

Hi and welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Welcome!!

I wish I could answer your specific question, but I really don’t know :frowning:

I’ve done a full reading program with my son, though, and I want to emphasize that the magic is in the child, not the program.

It won’t hurt if the child reads books and he hasn’t seen the words to those books–she’ll pick up on it anyway. And if you do word cards and don’t have a book with that card, you’ve still grown the brain.

I wish I could help more. Welcome–and keep the questions coming!! :slight_smile:

Dear All,

Thank you for the warm welcome. In addition to the wonderful resources here, I found some others at a Dolch Word site (see thread below):

http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-to-read/dolch-words/msg15126/?topicseen#new

I have more than enough resources to begin once I receive my materials (poster board + cutter). I want to start with the making my own flashcards and books, and then later I will add the LR software as an alternative teaching tool.

Thanks so much for all of your encouragement and suggestions.

Sincerely,
Ayesha :wink:

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15