My Introduction

Hello,

I am texaslady22, and I just heard about this forum from a friend. I was a member of another forum, but I never even knew this one existed!!

I have one little boy, Timothy, who is 2 years and 3 months. He was born 6 weeks preemie and spent 2 weeks in NICU. We started doing Doman with him when he was 6 weeks old, and he was crawling by 4 months, creeping by 7, and he crept a loooong time after that :slight_smile:

He had a mild midbrain injury that we hope has been resolved by all the creeping that he’s done, and once he turns 3 we’ll turn back to crawling for a bit to resolve a pons issue.

He’s a happy, healthy child and we all enjoy learning in this house!!

We do:
Physical
Encyclopedic Knowledge
Math
Reading
Swimming
Suzuki Violin

Timothy is bilingual in English and Spanish and we’re trying to get him more comfortable with Chinese. We also did sign language, but once he started talking he just wasn’t interested anymore.

We also do lots of “traditional” learning at our daily “school time” - we’re all about having fun with books, fingerpaints, crayons, and whatever else is interesting to us.

I’m SO pleased to meet like-minded parents.

We have a blog at http://domaninspiredparenting.blogspot.com/ that we’ve been keeping since the time Timothy was 6 months old. Doing Doman hasn’t always been easy, but the results are amazing!

Hi and welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you here! It sounds like you have a lot of wonderful things to share with us! We can’t wait to hear more of your experiences and advice.
Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Thank you very much. I’m absolutely in awe of all the wonderful information, and the free downloads are absolutely wonderful. I can’t wait to find more time to get involved!

Hi Texaslady, how nice to have you with us!

There are threads about crawling, music, encyclopedic knowledge etc, and it’d be great if you could share your experience in this area with us.

I hope to see you around the Forums often!

KL

Hello Texaslady! :blush:

Welcome to our BrillKids Forums!

Be sure to browse through the different topics on early education here in the forums - and please feel free to participate in the discussions, too! We hope that you will share your parenting experience with us here, and I look forward to reading about your adventures while teaching your little one!

We’re glad to have you!

Lappy :happy: