my heart's bursting with 'YES!!" about finding this...

Hi fellow BrillKids Moms/Dads…I feel so much gratitude for finding this online community/product. It ties up so many ‘loose ends’ for me- I began the Glenn Doman reading program with my 4 year old son (who likes to go by his nickname Peanut) and 18 month old daughter Sukhi just 4 days ago. And am planning on starting the Encyclopedic Knowledge program tomorrow. Being a ‘professional mom’ is radically different from the career path I envisioned for myself, but I’m actually finding a superb balance in doing both.

My son’s nuts about learning anatomy- he thinks the human body is the most faschinating thing (as it is indeed!)…and my baby girl claps and proclaims ‘yaaaay!’ when she sees me pull out the reading cards.

I am interested in seeing how my kids respond to using this software- if they prefer for ‘mom’ to interact with them or they’re just as happy having an electronic program do it for them. I’ll be observing that one.

As for me personally, I’m beginning to teach classes on the raw food diet/lifestyle, and building Internet-based income. What a full (and fulfilling) plate.

Best wishes to all of you…and I celebrate your passionate caring for your little ones!

Hi Joy,

That was a very nice introduction! :biggrin:

Re using the software (once we get your 64-bit problem sorted out, that is), do bear in mind that Little Reader is NOT meant to take away your interaction with your child. You’ll need to operate the computer, and even with the pronunciations, we would suggest that you turn them off and pronounce the words yourself if you can.

Interaction is very very important, and we encourage you to treat the whole experience as a bonding session!

Anyway, very glad to have you here and look forward to seeing you around often!

KL

Hi and welcome to the forums. It is good to have you here. I know what you’re saying about being a professional mom! It is very demanding but rewarding at the same time. We would love to hear of your experiences here on the forums!
I hope your kids enjoy Little Reader as much as my son does. He prefers it over flash cards (although I still show them too). Please let us know if you have any questions about Little Reader or the forums.
I hope to see you around!
Nikki

Beautiful…thank you for the replies.

I feel a sense of ‘yes, that feels good to me’ in terms of agreeing that nothing could ever take away face-to-face interaction.

Educating my child solely via electronic means would be like interacting with my husband solely on videos we send back and forth to each other…what a hilarious thought.

I LOVE that this forum is a gathering place for parents passionate about teaching their kids. For me, it has been humbling as I relearn through my little ones’ eyes…I can actually recall many times when my parents interacted with me in harsh ways and I find myself ‘melting that away’…it’s personal healing for me and joyous learning for my kids.

I hope the Vista 64 bit version will be available SOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

btw i watched a video of a 20-month old girl reading body parts flashcards and was so thrilled.