My Doman Math Schedule

Hi…
I have made a math schedule following Doman method. I have also uploaded files based on this in LM. Hope this helps to keep things straight for all.

thnkx saved a lot of time … As a working woman time is precious …

Thanks for your hard work. I am at work and on a MAC so I couldn’t see the files you uploaded to LM - until I get home. But I do have a few questions. I just recently finished 1-100 with my son and am on my second week of division. So next week I should start multiple operations or I think isn’t it called equations with 3 integers - like 4+1+3=8 . From what I read it seemed like Doman recommend a week or two of this - and that there should be 3 equations and 1 problem solving equation. Was this 3 equations at a time or per day? I’m assuming it was 3 equations plus 1 problem solving - per set and 3 sets per day so a total of 9 equations plus 3 problem solving per day.

Ok so here is my real question - how can we do problem solving with LM - has anyone tried it yet? It would be great if at the end of an equation a split screen with 2 different answers could come up and then after a second or two highlight the right answer. But I don’t know how to make LM do this and since I’m not using regular cards - I don’t know how to do it.

Also on the longer equations - would I do one set addition - then one set subtraction - then one set multiplication, etc? I suppose at this point it’s the parental preference. But since I’m working full-time - It might be nice to have it already planned out. Did LM have this kind of set? I haven’t really explored it yet.

Any suggestions I really would appreciate.

wow! very good work!

thanks so much! makes it easy to teach math.

Dear Angie,

Thank you very much for this!!! :yes: And I am embarrassed to say, that I am intimidated by LM and downloading - the program is different from LR. I will try it and see how it goes. :confused:

• Ayesha

P.S. I am about to just use the paper cards in the KIT - but the girls love LR / LM so I have to figure it out. :rolleyes:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Thank you so very much!!! I was going to use your reading one to make a math schedule and then here it was. You are wonderful thank you! You don’t happen to have a schedule for geography do you? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

thanks so much! the doman schedule was really helpful to explain how to do this!

Thanks so much for the schedule. I am completely new to both teaching reading and maths and it just all seemed so daunting, but with the schedule, I am going to get the LM and give it a go!

Hi! a great work and thanks for sharing your Doman Math Schedule.
I don’t have an LM but with your idea help me how to start teaching math to my son.
This forum is really great.More power to all.

hi… :slight_smile:
Great to know the schedule was helpful. Thank you all for your comments!!1

hi thank you so much >
i need to clear about teaching math is this right:
teach numbers
when you reach days 17 start teach addition like this ???

Hi ketty,
Its more like start addition when you retire the card 20. In this case it was retired on day 16, so start addition on day 17. Also try to keep the numbers in the equation and solution within 20. As you progress retiring cards, you have equations with that. Hope this helps,

anjie

Hi all,

I’m very keen to introduce Maths with Doman’s method to my two kids now (3 years old and 10 months old). Would it be too late for them, especially the elder one?

Enjie, I don’t have LM (Brillkids’s Little Maths?), how do I find files uploaded by you? Is LM needed to run your files?

Is it wise to have both Little Reader and Little Math? I have only downloaded Little Reader Lite (FREE) to try out. And I found that there are many resources in the downloadable library, so that makes me wonder why do we spend $$ to buy the reader… sorry if I sound rude, but I was just plain curious.

Sorry for the numerous questions… thanks everyone.

It is not too late to teach your older child. There is so much more to teach than just quantity.

You can only download LM files with LM.

I think it is great to have LM and LR. They are both wonderful programs that can help your children so much. Having the full version of LR is definitely a good idea. We have a vast library of files to download. I’m sure you will be quite happy with the selection. Also, LR has so many options to customize playback. You can see all the advantages here http://www.brillkids.com/little-reader/little-reader-advantages.php?g=top You can not do all that with powerpoint!

Hi sonic4r,
Here are some informative links on teaching math for toddlers.
http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-math/maths-equations/
http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-math/too-late-for-doman-math/

As nhockday suggested LM files can be downloaded with LM only. If you can use flashcards or ppts which go with the schedule, you can try that. But that takes up a lot of time and patience. I would suggest to go with LM as it comes preloaded with all that you need to teach math. I think the different icons will hold your toddler’s attention too. I too used LR lite for a while, but the problem I faced was I cannot change or add any new category. With all the files downloaded from the site, I was finding it difficult to organise them properly. I purchased LR and it turned out to be a great one. Now I have started doman reading program with it and its been going great till now.

Hope this helps
anjie

Dear Anji,

I finally downloaded all of your Doman Maths files today. :yes: And it is so much easier than I thought.

A few questions, please - how did you come up with the formula’s? Are these the ones listed in the Doman Math book? Or on back of the dot cards in the kit? Just curious is all. And what do we do after Day 60? :unsure:

I am trying to focus on producing Classical Arabic materials which are slightly time consuming, so any math downloads and even English reading downloads are a huge time saver for me!

• Ayesha

I just PM’d her today asking whether she was going to upload more. We just started day 57 today, and there is no way that I will have the time to make my own equations. I hope she will make more for us!

Dear Nhockaday,

Great Idea! I read most of the Doman Math book - and have just given up trying to put it together on my own. Even though I have the kit, I admit that I really don’t want to think about the process - I just want to follow a schedule and hit “play”. As difficult as it is for me, I am slowly learning to “let go” of the need to recreate the wheel for this particular issue, probably because I am intimidated by math in general, so I am blindly trusting that these sets are as the guidelines suggest. I just need to know what to do next?

ANJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII - pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help the math challenged such as myself teach my kids. :laugh:

• Ayesha :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info… I’ve just downloaded LM… i’m going to download your schedule very soon once i master LM… :yes:

Many thanks. Well done, I only saw a deja-vu, it is like I did to form the shedule :laugh: . So we on a right way :slight_smile: