My child is bedwetting pls help!!!

My child is now 3 yrs old now and he his toilet and potty trained kid .He has never ever done his bedwetting since he was 3-4 months old.May be because i use to do sleep talk with him.Even i use to take off his diaper in the night coz he never do pee pee in the night.
But last to last week he did once than i thought he might be feeling cold after all he is a kid.But again from past 2 days he is bedwetting.I dont know why he does that.When he was 2 yrs old at that time if he wants to pee in the night he use to wake up but never ever he has wet his bed.
And we never ever scare our son for any reason…Can anyone figure out what can be the problem…Or can anyone help me…Is there any other parents who are facing the same problem as mine (earlier never done bedwetting but now he/she is doing bedwetting) i am really depressed and scared…PLS HELP!!!

Sapna

You have probably asked your self these questions already but if not here are some few

1. Any changes in your sons daily routine
  2. Has there been any changes to the people who watch your son
  3. Have you taken him to the doctor to make sure he doesn’t have a bladder or kidney infection
  4. Is your son showing signs of stress

If your answer is no to the following questions then here are some suggestions no drinks two hours before bed time, and wake him up at least once and take him to the potty.

Thanx dear for ur reply.My son has started school again i.e after 4 months.Apart from school everything is normal.

Your welcome

The only other suggestion I have is give it some time. He might be having a hard time adjusting to being back in school, and to being with new children or a new teacher. If after some time he doesn’t stop the bed wetting take him to the doctor and make sure its not a medical issue

Yaa thats true he cries a lot when he go school.But after i leave him in school he is fine after that.Thanx for ur suggestion.And if it does not stop i wikl definately take him to the doctor…

Sapna

Hello,
I’m just wondering why his bedwetting is causing you such stress (you said depressed and scared)?? Is there something else in his behaviour that has suddenly changed and has you worried as well?

Since you didn’t mention any other concerns, and it’s just the bedwetting, try not to be stressed out or depressed about it! He’s still really young. Little boys (especially boys, as I understand it) often have accidents, even when they are up to five or older (at least here in my culture, I’m not sure where you are from or what’s considered normal in yours – I guess it’s probably different everywhere!). I guess the concern is that it wasn’t happening before and that it has just recently started. What does he say about it? Did you ask him what happened?

My son is also three. He has been potty trained since before he was two for both day and night. THEN we moved across the country and my husband and I switched roles as the parent at home (he went back to work after being home for a couple years with our son and I was again at home full time with him). Suddenly all the disruption in the routine cause him to start wetting again for a couple of months (both day and night). I blame myself – I was really pregnant and wasn’t extra careful with taking him, but I also think that the big changes had something to do with it too). Then we got him back on track using the potty as well as before and everything was fine. THEN a few months ago, we went camping. He HATED the outhouses so much that he refused to use them. He’d cry and say “I don’t want to go in the stinky green house” (they really did smell bad – I can’t say I blame him for not wanting to use an outhouse – ick). So again he started wetting his pants (even pooped once, trying to get out of using the outhouse). It took probably about a week to get him back on track again that time.

Sometimes big changes can cause a regression…