My baby had me in tears today! ( joyful of course!)

Kay is 15 months old. I have been doing a reading program since she was about 6 months, however it has been much more organized since I discovered Little Reader. I have never tested her before today. We tested her with about 10 different word cards. She got every one right! K has down syndrome. Thirty years ago I would have been told to put her in an institution because she was unteachable ( I could never have done that). Even when she was born I was given old & outdated information about her potential. I admit I had never heard of teaching babies to read a year ago & would not have believed she could do this. The sky is the limit for my little girl! Thanks to every one here for all the help and information & for a place to come to celebrate with others who understand.

Thanks again from one proud Momma!

That’s wonderful! What an inspiration to us all! It is amazing for any child to read words at 15 months, but especially a child with down syndrome. You are definitely doing something right, keep it up! :biggrin:

That is AMAZING! You definitely made the right choice in believing that your baby can do so much more than what “experts” believe. Most people do not believe that hard work, sacrifice and LOVE can make miracles and can actually help children, even the ones who have down syndrome or cerebral palsy to do what normal kids can do. My cousin in-law has a niece who is brain damaged and Im still encouraging her til now to use Lil Reader and read on some of the testimonials of parents here. But it’s kinda hard to convince her. I always get the “buts”… “but she can’t even say anything” “but she cant even sit on her own” etc…

Your testimonial is truly inspiring. I could only hope other mom’s would have your patience, perseverance and love for teaching your daughter – no matter what other people say. :slight_smile:

Kudos!

mY CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER

My congratulations to you and your daughter. I’m so happy for you two. Keep going like that because you are doing great.

I got goosebumps listening to your story! It’s truly a joy to see a child learn. I’m proud of your dedication. Congratulations!

Thanks everyone.

I have been a little afraid to test, ( partly because I know you are not really supposed to) but I’m sure glad I know. It has allowed me to notice her reaction more now so I don’t go too slowly.

Thanks again for your help & encouragements everyone!

Karma to you, kmum, for sharing it with us! That’s so wonderful!

Someone pass me a tissue please! :happy:

Dear kmum,
I am so happy for you! I really hope that your little angel will bring you only tears of joy!

GOOD JOB Kmum!

Some healthy kids can’t even write ABC in age of 6.

well done ,it is realy tuf on kids ,mine this morning he does not want to sit to do his first homework ,not even showing him a sweet and told him ,that he take it after. any suggection .shall i try after some interections like running after each other.

This is excellent! It makes me happy to hear such good news of a child overcoming odds someone has placed on her and her parents. :biggrin:

Well done to jake .He is trying to settle school.Well done to his teacher too .With that phrase All you need is love .You give it and you have miricles on kids.the most of things thing they need .Well done to all.