My Baby Doesnt sit yet

Hi ,

My Baby is 6 months old but still he doesnt like to sit.
He can sit with support but by himself he doesnt like it.

What should i do so that my baby start sitting and liking it?

Thanks

Is your baby crawling yet? Have you checked out Glenn Doman’s books? He recommends tummy time & encouraging crawling rather than siiting until the baby is strong enough to get themselves into a sitting position.

I would discourage you to HELP your baby sit if it does not sit by itself. Yes, a lot of tummy time and encouragement to crawl is the best way. Do not “force” your child to sit if he/she is not ready yet.

Being a mom to 4 girls I can honestly say 6 months to sit is young. My oldest was 9 months old when she sat up. My 2nd daughter was about 7 or 8 months , my 3rd right around the same time and my youngest was much older but she also has physical medical problems that delayed her sitting up. But being able to not sit up around this time is still considered “normal”.
I would just work on the tummy time and crawling.

My son is about the same age as your son and he doesn’t sit either. He only just started lifting up his butt with his knees bent this past week. I know other babies are crawing but mine hated tummy time until just about 10 days ago. My son has always been easy going and is nicknamed “Mr Mellow”. He will crawl and sit up when he is ready and knowing him it will not be a day earlier.

When we started sitting our son up with cushion around him I would put his toys around him so he could pick them up and play. Now he is sitting on his own and when he is leaning forward pulling his socks off he is halfway into the crawling position.