My 2 year old can read

Finally my 2 year old is reading flashcards and potato chip bags. He is recognizing the letters A-O, after that we need help, and now he can count to 5. I am so excited that he can actually read a few words now. So now I have got our books out and started a book a day to see how many words he can get. This is what I do; I photo copy or print our books (these books are the ones that I have made) and highlight the words he gets or the letters. I place them in a folder and at the end of the week tally them all up, and then we review with LR and our visual flashcards, I then record them in the free home school planner.

Thank you for LR!

Congratulations! :biggrin: That is great! I especially like how he is reading the potato chip bags. lol

Wow! That’s great! How long have you been working with your LO? I’m about to start working with my daughter, but I’m wondering how long it will be before we start to see results. Again, congratulations on your child starting to read!!

I started the alphabet recognition around 18 months of age. It took about 2 months to see results but I kept on and now he can read and pick out letters in any word, bag, or sign. I started with flashcards, black/white, then color, then alphabet puzzles, alphabet foam letters, then worksheets, of course books, then videos, of course LR.