My 17-month DD reads never-before taught word!

It’s so heart-warming to know that Cammie has many friends! One very important tip I could share is to teach only when BOTH of you are in a good mood. When you enjoy giving lessons, chances are your baby is also enjoying them. I started with word flashcards and encyclopedic knowledge bits. We gradually introduced math but stopped before we reached quantity 60 because we feel that Cammie isn’t enjoying it. We resumed when she surprised us that she knew most quantities and is showing interest to participate at problem solving again.

Goodluck and have fun!

We would love to visit U.S.! :slight_smile: Thanks for reading our blog! We’re honored to have shared to this forum.
Yes she knows the letter names only from Letter Factory. I didn’t make flashcards but we do have an “alphabet poster” that she sees often. At first, she would only sound them but now, she is saying their names and sounding them after. She reads them everywhere, at the cab, at the restaurant menu, at billboards, etc.

If I were you, go right ahead in teaching her the letter names, they are better at decoding than we think! :slight_smile:

Congratulations vanessa and cammie! You must be so proud! She never ceases to amaze us… :slight_smile: