My 1 day old Baby Crawled

I decided to try the crawling track with my 1 day old baby. I was thinking in my head that he wouldn’t go anywhere. However, I was taken by surprise, he crawled the length of the Asics crawling track in about 15 minutes. I only have 2 sections of the track, so according to my calculations he crawled just over 2 feet. I didn’t realize that was even possible and I am still trying to process the reality of it in my head.

He is now 4 days old and the results are still about the same, about 2 feet is 10-15 minutes.

Of course, that is all we have done. I need to get at the rest of the Doman evaluations, hoping someone will respond to my flashlight post soon. I would like to do that during his next awake period.

Oh, I love being a Mom to a new born. So many possibilities :biggrin:

Congratulations! :slight_smile:
Keep us informed, please. I’m all ears! There’s so much to learn about babies (at least I have a lot to learn about them). And, as far as I’m concerned, there are many things I haven’t had the chance to try and do with our first baby. It’s great and also inspiring to hear parents sharing wonderful moments like this.

Best wishes,
Andrea

wow! all i can say is wow! i wish i knew more about early stimulation when my daughter was born. i thought that she’d figure it out on her own. well, it took her forever to walk, she almost didn’t crawl either. so, it seems amazing what your baby has accomplished. that said, i do remember seeing babies crawling on their mother’s bodies to get to the breast, right after birth, so movement is possible. still, who would have known. usually, newborns are just wrapped tightly to discourage any movement ( i remember reading that a baby can scare him or herself by the movement of their own limbs). in any case, congratulations.
liza

Aren’t newborns amazing! so much more capable than we give them credit for. 2 feet is a huge area to cover

Have you seen breastfeeding crawl video? http://breastcrawl.org

amazing no help necessary - just patience

Oh don’t watch if your offended by seeing natural nutrition :blink: