Mum of 2 Angels

Hi there all,
I am mum to two, Hannah 2 1/2 and Christian 15 mnths. (Both currently sleeping) I work part time as a teacher and I have bought your baby can read for them. I can’t get them to sit down long enough to watch 5 mins.
Hannah particularly is bright (Christian is to young to really know!) and has great comunications skills (too good!). Can’t wait to get them started!
Thanks

Very nice to see you here 2angels!

Hi 2Angels! Blessed with two I see! :-*

Glad to have you on board, and I’m happy to know you’re into teaching your kids early too. Maybe you can talk about your experience teaching your babies with us as well as share your valuable insight about education. We’d love to hear from you!

Cheers! :w00t:

Lappy

HI,
I juat would like to talk a little about what I do with my kiddies. I have tried to do everything I can for them. They have both been played classical music, (thanks to hubby) and will play violin from an early age. Hannah 2.5y already has one and can bow the strings. Christian 15mnth is keen to start so we are going to order one fro him soon. I try to make sure that they understand about numbers, letters and words not just rattle them off. Hannah can rote count to 10 but she can atually count groups aswell, not always one to one corelation but she tries. We always talk about letters, their sound and how they are drawn / written aswell.
Well thats lots of typing for now, trying to download the software now!
Ta
Ria

Hi Ria, I loved hearing about how you teach your little ones to appreciate music from an early age.

I must admit, I went through the same process and I remember how my parents enrolled me in music classes. By three years of age, I could play the flute (the fife, not the recorder) and that was just the beginning of how music enriched my life. To date, I’ve picked up how to play a couple of other instruments and it has never ceased to amaze me how music has made my life better.

I think that what you’re giving your children is a gift, and music - along with reading and mathematics - is a fantastic lesson subject.