multilingual baby - little reader

hi everybody,

i would like to ask for an advice.I wish to teach my baby to read, but i dont know how and where to start. He is 8 months old next week and he is living in 5 language enviroment ( english, slovak, hungarian, hindi and chinese - Im slovak hungarian with indian husband and living in Hong Kong). Im teaching my baby 4 languages and im using also little math. Now i wish to start with reading, but i dont know which language and alphabet should i use. I was thinking i can start with english and slovak, becasue these languages using the same alphabet - but pronunciation of each vowels and consonants are different. I dont want to confuse my baby. Do you think its better to start with reading only in 1 language? Can you please share your experience ?
thank you

Hello Ingrid and welcome here. I am Slovakian too and I am also teaching my D English and Slovak language. If you read my posts you could see what we are doing and how.
We use LR and LM which I find great for teaching her english. Physical flashcards I started to use to teach her slovak and she loves it too.

I am in a middle of studying as I have a couple of exams coming up so when I get chance I will write more. But feel free to ask questions

dakujem, pozriem si to , vela stastia pri skuskach :))