most effective way to teach baby?

I have seen the earlier post on here regarding the soroban. The video is really cool. It would appear the right brain training is basically instinct. Right brain thinking allows you to answer faster because you are not using knowledge or logic but are recalling a taught instinct. So I guess babies are born with a lot more instincts that are normally not developed. But soroban proves right brain can be taught to older people but takes a lot more time and may not be as successful as with a baby.

I guess what I am researching is this:

I am convinced I can teach a baby to read using YBCR and Little Reader.
I like the idea of dot math but it seems much harder to teach and not as likely to succeed.
I guess I really haven’t seen any affirmations or results from right brain programs like teedllewink.

I agree the more you can stimulate the brain while younger the better. Just looking for the best ways to achieve that with a varied input including hands on learning and still making it exciting and enjoyable for junior.

I wish I were an expert on this topic–maybe my post will encourage more people to add their input.

Children can learn from anything. My son was with his cousin some over Christmas break, and they watched a lot of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (it’s a terrible animated show that I would never let him watch on his own). Yesterday, when we asked him what the magic word was (expecting him to answer “please”) he told us “Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse”. Kids are learning all the time!

In your post, though, it seems like you’re really interested in programs (LR, YBCR, TweedleWink). Have you read anything by Glenn Doman? If not, I want to tell you that the magic is in the child, not the program.

Children can learn, so you should teach them.

I personally did/do the Glenn Doman reading program, but then I put on YBCR and Tweedlewink just for something different while I had a little “me time.” But you have to decide what you think will work. If you don’t think it will work, then it won’t.

Well I love YBCR and I use it with LR. I have seen tremendous results in less then a month, but I started with him at 16.5 months. What results do you see if any with teedlewink? Since time is so valuable I would like to use it wisely not to mention money. What programs do you get the most results with? Obviously he needs one on one to learn also. From your experience what would you recommend for bang for buck?

I use little reader, doman and sprinklings of YBCR. I have seen te best results reading-wise with Doman, but I think the multimedia stuff (like LR) help my son with overall knowledge and ability to make connections. Like yesterday my husband was in Blaise’s play tent and he stuck his head out and Blaise said “Dad when you do that it is just like a turtle”. For a little 2 year old boy to make connections like that is amazing to me and I think is based on the large amount of raw material he has seen that now he can put it together and make these deeper connections.

Wow that is amazing!

I think teaching your child to read is probably the most important thing at first as it opens a whole world to him very rapidly and then he can learn almost anything if he can find something written about it - so for that reason I would start with a programme that taught reading.

I am using Little Reader and a variation on Doman to teach my daughter. I think you need to be clear what you mean by results though - my daughter’s speech is starting to develop a bit faster and although she has shown that she can read some words I have no clue how much she has taken in and I compare this to her speech development - she has heard an enormous quantity of words, but I have only heard about 40 back and she has been hearing words since she was born. I have shown her about 60 words and she has shown me she knows about 6 of them - I am not testing her so this may also be a factor.

If you know what type of result you are looking for then it might be easier to pick a programme.