Montessori Curriculum

I wanted to share something with all of you concerning the NAMC montessori curriculum…

http://www.montessoritraining.net/curriculum_materials/overview.htm

I originally bought the Montessori Toddler Curriculum from NAMC back in the Fall. I did a few of the lessons and really liked them but found that I really needed to gather materials and have it organized before I started - (since I live in a remote part of Alaska and cant go to the store to buy things.)

However, soon after that I found out about Doman and Brillkids and my son started reading, etc. (We started back in November and now at 22 months old he can read short sentences and count to 20 on his own, etc.) Anyhow, I was planning to purchase the next set of Montessori curriculum for the “Twos”. But when I started to look at the contents of the Twos - I noticed that my son was already beyond the curriculum in many ways and probably ready for the pre-school curriculum.

I’ve been wanting to buy the pre-school and lower elementary curriculum for a few months now but it’s just not affordable for one home schooling mom. I was thinking that if I found 5-10 other parents interested we could pool our resources to make it more affordable. I already have the Toddler set so if some people wanted the Infant and Twos as well as the pre-school and lower elementary - then we could all exchange. IF the company agrees to it.

(I orginally posted about this in the homeschooling section, but many parents have curriculums that they are already using so I decided to do a seperate post to see if there are others interested in joining me.)

My main concern was copyright issues so I checked with the company to make sure it was legal. They said they would consider if I told them how many parents were interested and how many manuals would be copied. So…

If you are interested I would love to hear from you and if there are any others who have any experience with Montessori curriculum a response would be great!! If you are interested could you PM me by Wednesday May 20th? Then I could contact you individually and also let NAMC know how many parents are in the group.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Here is the link for more info on the Montessori curriculums offered :
http://www.montessoritraining.net/curriculum_materials/overview.htm

Thanks for posting :slight_smile: I spoke to my twin and my nephew just got accepted into a Montessori school close to where she lives. She would love to send him there, but it costs 600+ a month…ouch!! She has already been teaching him since he was a baby so I am sure your suggestion will be more appealing to her right now.

Wow I had no idea that sending your child to a Montessori school would be so expensive! Then again, buying the curriculum and making all the materials will cost a pretty penny too! (We don’t have any choice in schools in our Alaskan village - it’s either the local k-12 school or homeschool.)

Yes, please send on the info to anyone you think might be seriously interested.

it’s interesting I’d like to partecipate if it’s possible yet
ed.