Mom to Nate and Annabelle

Hello all -
Hopefully this is the right way to post - Lappy asked me to post in the parent’s lounge to introduce myself.
I am a mother of two - Baby Nate (almost 10 months) is the reason I stumbled my way into the BrillBaby world, but I also have a 4 1/2 year old named Annabelle. I am also an SLP (no, not a slow, lazy person - a speech-language pathologist :happy:) so I am obviously fascinated with how children acquire speech and language skills (and reading is comprehending written language). This interest has definitely expanded as I have watched my older child navigate her way through learning early literacy skills. Plus, now that I have two children (and work full time outside the home), I am anxious to find interesting, “time-friendly” ways to stimulate my younger child’s learning - I don’t want him to be short-changed!
I am excited for him to wake up tomorrow so that I can show him all of the files that I just downloaded - I peeked at the animals section and was impressed with the presentation and the clarity of the pictures that follow each word.
Looking forward to reading others’ posts and sharing in this learning experience.
Thanks and read ya soon!

Hi Leanna! Glad to see you in the forums! :-*

Wow, a speech language pathologist - I’m looking forward to reading your posts on insights about early learning, and I hope you won’t mind sharing your experiences with us. It’ll be great to have some professional opinion on the subject from an SLP… haha not slow lazy person!

Hope to see you posting around!

Cheers,

Lappy :happy: