mom of 20 months-old girl in the house!

hi everybody! i have actually tried another product which has a similar method for teaching, i.e. flashcards. my baby and i read it every once in a while. i bought the cards when she was 15 months, and that time, she had started to walk and became more active. it was quite difficult to make her sit down and read with me. she does come to me with the cards sometimes, but she’s more interested in the pictures rather than me pointing to the words. i hope that with brillbaby, i could get her to be more interested, and i look forward to fun learning times for both of us =)

Hi and welcome to the forums! We’re glad you’re here!
I hope your daughter likes Little Reader too! Please let us know how everything goes. And please let us know if you have any questions about anything.

I hope to see you around!
Nikki

Hi Earljoy and welcome to the forums! :happy:

We’re glad to have you onboard our community, and I look forward to reading about your experience as a parent teaching her baby.

We’re also quite excited to have you try our Little Reader, which can make lesson time great fun for both you and your little one. :biggrin: As you can see, most everyone around here is friendly - and if you ever need a little help getting around our forums, please do let us know, we’ll be more than happy to lend a hand.

Cheers, and happy foruming!

Lappy

Hi Mareng Earl! Welcome to Brillbaby! :slight_smile:
Don’t worry, with a little more patience (and i mean, MORE), you’ll get little Sandra to sit with you and be eager to start her lessons in no time.
Just to share it with you and to others, what I do to get my 6-month old, little Eliam’s full attention is to read the flashcards which I downloaded here at Brillbaby, and sing them to him in a familiar song. For example, I read the Alphabets to him to the tune of “Baa Baa Black Sheep” and the Parts of the Body cards to the tune of “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes”. You don’t have to be specific about the tune, any kind will do.
Now, when I take out the cards from the box where I keep them and sing to Eliam, “Now it’s time for your Alphabets”, I don’t know why and how, but Eliam gets excited. He then starts kicking his legs and instantly flashes his big smile! Even the act of getting near his “Learning Box”, gets him excited! Sometimes I wonder if he really knows what’s inside it. :smiley:
Honestly, Brillbaby has helped me make our learning times more fun, that’s why I recommended it to you and to all my Mommy-friends. :slight_smile:
Have fun introducing it to Sandra! :slight_smile: