Mom in need of support.

Hello,

I am Von’s mom, he’s my first and only son. He is now 2 yrs 3 mo and I am (for the 2nd time) starting him on the Teach your baby to read program. With hopes to introduce math soon also. I am really enjoying it but I feel like I’m having to entertain him to keep his interest high. I can’t wait to read some forums and see how everyone keeps up with there own programs.

I’m love my son and want him to love the entire prosses of learning. I just need help from this community to stay consistant.
Please give me any suggestions or personal experiences you have on the topic of the Doman methods.

Thank you,
Von’s Mom

Hi and welcome to the forums! So glad to have you with us!

If you’re going to do the Doman math program, you should start as soon as possible seeing the age of your child, as most kids lose the ability to discern quantities sometime between 2-1/2 and 3 years old. The section “Teaching Your Child Math” has lots of great information if you’d like to check it out (http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-math/).

Again so great to have you with us look forward to seeing you around!

Consistancy is something I struggle with too. I am getting better & Little Reader definately makes it easier.

I try to organize my materials the evening before and that is helping too. I just got a new bookshelf that is dedicated to learning materials only. I think this will also help. Before they were mixed in with everything else in my desk.

When I don’t get through what I should in a day that’s okay too though, because even a little extra learning is going to help.

I’m looking forward to everyone else’s suggestions too.

Hi and welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Hello Von’s Mom! :blush:

Welcome to our BrillKids Forums!

Our forumers above are right - there is a veritable treasure trove of information shared here by our forumers, and you will have much to learn from simply reading through the posts, depending on what specific topic you would like to focus on.

Be sure to browse through the different topics on early education here in the forums - and please feel free to participate in the discussions, too! We hope that you will share your parenting experience with us here, and I look forward to reading about your adventures while teaching your little one!

We’re glad to have you!

Lappy :happy: