Milk bottle steriliser. I need advice.

Hi all,

My friend passed me a steriliser 2 years ago as her children has grown up and she doens’t need the steriliser anymore. I then continue to use her steriliser and now, I would like to find out how long should we use a steriliser for? Any life spend for the steriliser? Will the steriliser turned into a harmful steriliser due to the materials that they use to make the steriliser?

To be specific, I am using the Pigeon Rapid steriliser: http://www.pigeonbaby.info/product.php?pr_id=46

Thanks.

regards,verolpj

I would suggest sending the manufacturer of the sterilizer a message and ask them if the specific model you have has an expected lifetime (number of years) after which time it should be replaced.

I have a similar sterilizer, although a different make and model, that I used for my first child and am now planning use for my second.

hi verolpj,

i have a 22months old son and till now i sterlized all his things from bottles, zippy cups spoons n most of his toys though i did not used a sterilizer like one you have. i just put them in a big pot with water and let it boil for 5mins.
i suggest if you see any deformalities on ur sterilizer or its forming a residue at the bottom, stop using it, switch to the traditional old fashion way. if its chip or cracked just dont use it anymore. also, i used pigeon bottle soap which is safe for kids should they swallow it bec sometimes we think we have rinse off the dishwashing soap enough but there are still some of the suds left so just to be safe, i used this one specifically when i wash his feeding things.

I never used a steriliser for my baby stuff.She is 23 months old now, I wash her bottles,zip cups,dishes…etc with really hot water and soap and then boil her stuff in hot water in a pan.
Since my personal opinion I never had the need to buy all this stuff they offer in stores to sterilis baby’s stuff. It is waste of money. I have never being into that.
My mother never used this stuff either, Do you imaging in old times how mothers did? We turned out ok…I think is just too muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh… stuff to have in the house…sellers cross the line to get all the money they can get from our pockets.

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply. This is the answer that I get from the manufacturer:

Thank you for your website enquiry.The Pigeon steam steriliser can be used many, many times over. I have no specific set time that you should use it for. It should however if looked after properly be used for a number of children. I have had customers who have had one for 4 - 5 years and used it with all there children, other customers will use it for one child then purchase a new one if required. It is totally your preference and choice as to how long you use it for. It is like any other electrical appliance, they can be used until they no longer work. The Pigeon steam steriliser is under warranty for 12 months from the time of purchase. I hope that this information has been helpful.