Memorization Games Shichida and Spatial Puzzels

I have heard that the memorization of stories via the Scichida practice is done on 100 picture cue cards shown as story is read. The stories are quite ridiculous and difficult to memorize and change over the weeks… kids learn to memorize at first 10, then 20, then 30 and up to 1,000 cards. By two terms, 90 per cent recall is aimed at. Kids can recall which picture falls in which square, or by word cue, or in any manner of recall. This appears to be very effective. This trains the kids to associate words with images in their heads, and eventually they see pictures instead of words in their heads and can achieve perfect recall of books they’ve read.

Does anyone have any of these lessons to share? Has anyone attempted to make any in LR?

Also via the Schichida method there are many spatial puzzles to be solved in a very short space of time they are reinforced through the worksheets. The worksheets are very varied, from mazes, to puzzles, to logic exercises, to math. They work on skills incrementally as well.
Does anyone have any of these lessons they would like to share… or have a website that has this material so that I can try doing a couple exercises with my children?

can I bump this up one time… just to see if I can get a response…

Hi Mandi Quiring,

My girl just entered the 2nd term in SM class, she doesn’t like the linking memory part yet :wub:

Here is the link which posted by the members of this forum earlier ( sorry, i dunno how to post the brillkids’ thread here), pls log on to www.sgparenting.com, you will find lots of SM info thru this link. I personally find very informative.

One of the memory magic products is “silly story” that is the same as the memory linking you are talking about. Just check their website to see if you can try it for free.