Math supplement for advanced 3-year-old (almost 4)?

I came across a series of maths-stories yesterday that I really really want :yes:

The first in the series is Sir Cumference and the knights of the first round table :biggrin:

We just came across an edutaiment program, which my kids ( who do not usually watch TV) liked and it was a good review for their numbers, counting by twos, 5, etc, different math concepts, pretty good in my opinion

I would not be showing it to the younger ones ( we preferred no cartoony videos for our LOs till about 2.5), – there are plenty of other worthy materials :yes: but as a supplement this worked great! And the cool part they introduce different activities with hundred board, and this is exactly what my kiddos are really into now :yes: !!

The Number Crew from Discovery Education channel. You can watch number of episodes on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNFzZCR98XU&feature=relmfu

Excellent!
Please open up a thread for this. We will add books read by children already on youtube and then our own recordings, why not in languages other than English.
My daughter was loving :‘Watch your step, Mr Rabbit’ and a little child is reading this book on youtube. it really motivated her!
There is also one told (i think!) by Eric Carle himself (brown bear)

Hi all,
Has anyone heard from Aangeles recently? :unsure: My PMs and emails remain unanswered…

Aangeles let us know how you’re doing!

Anna is back to USA with Ella and new baby sister , busy making their new home and settling in . i also miss her so much and hope to hear from her soon .
xxx
viv

i found the sir conference books somewhere online for free, cannot remember where , read aloud , if you want them please pm me and I am happy to share them xxx
viv

Thanks for letting us know Bella.

Ohhhh, hypatia! I am so sorry! I had received your email and meant to reply to you in a few days, but then my mom got diagnosed with a serious medical condition which, on top of the new baby, packing up our whole house for our move, and traveling halfway across the world, just pushed everything else out of my mind! The last 2 months have been unbelievably hectic and stressful! Anyway, my mom is mostly ok now, we are back in the US, and are just waiting for our belongings to arrive and then we will move to our new place. I sent you a reply email. Hope everything is going well for you and Miss O!

So relieved to finally hear from you…
Take the time you need … But come back to the forum eventually :slight_smile:

Hi Aangeles,
I scanned thru your thread here and find that you are very successful in teaching your daughter in Math. She is indeed a gifted child.
Would you mind giving me a recommendation in catching up to teach my 3.5 daughter math?
She can read english words right now and did not know that I could have trained her in Math.
We used a different program in reading.
Thanks much.

I noticed the references to mathstart on this thread, and just wanted to add a link from their website, which even includes a list of other author’s books. Here’s the link: http://www.mathstart.net/books/math_bibliography.php. When you click on a mathstart book, it provides great little ideas for activities that you can do with your child to reinforce what they’re learning.

A few quick tips that you may not realize if you’re just getting started:

1. you can search these books on amazon and take a peek inside to see what they’re about
  2. you can have your library do an interlibrary loan (or even request for them to purchase the books) if they don’t already have them available
  3. don’t underestimate youtube … brilliant source for catchy math videos

Enjoy!

One website that my daughter and students really enjoyed (and also kept them on their toes) is Beestar. I’ve tried numerous supplemental websites like IXL, Kumon (workbooks) and also Khan. I enjoy each with their specific reasons but the most overall supplemental website I have found to be useful is Beestar. Good motivation, good worksheets and definitely keeps the kids challenged and seeking to learn more.

Very useful worksheets for kids : Maths worksheets, English Worksheets, Coloring worksheets, Flash cards

http://www.kindergarden-worksheets.com

As far as apps, my son used the TeachMe series from ages 2 to 4 (toddler to 3rd grade). If get one app get this series. He learned all the multiplication tables when he was 3 from dancing to songs on HaveFunTeaching channel on YouTube. He also had some math games for practice he loved: Math Ninja and Rocket Math.

He also used as a suppliment Math board, Math board Fractions, and some others.

I found Khan Academy to be the best teacher and assessor of true grade level but my son couldn’t use it until he was 5 because it’s just not as fun and engaging enough for 2 to 4 year olds.

Now my oldest just turned 6 and is starting 4th grade level on Khan next week.

Hope this helps. I’m working on a site now I hope might help a bit too. Just my personal exerience with my boys.