Math for 4 year olds?

Hi everyone.

After focusing mostly on Arabic for sometime, we have finally completed our booklet and the girls are successfully sight-reading and properly reciting from the Qur’an or any other Arabic texts with diacritics.

I am reading the EK book now; but wonder about the math program that I did not really complete. I did YBCR, Doman Reading (but did not make homemade books; I just read to them different books, and they are memorizing the words and will read to themselves or each other); I did Doman math dots and some math via LM, and when they began Montessori program they excelled their peers with the math exercises and were doing the pythagoras board which is multiplication as the teacher explained to me.

Now that it is summer break, I am wondering what types of math exercises I can do with them. Should I start again with the LM program/curriculuum, or Kumon workbooks for counting/writing? Unsure what to do - because they are past the Doman method “dots” stage; yet in Montessori they do bead counting which is based on recognizing quantity in a tactile manner.

Thank you.

• Ayesha

We love TouchMath. They have downloadable sheets for a reasonable price, and summer school packages.
You could also work on memorizing addition and Subtraction problems.