map posters for a child's room?

There are different levels of map fidelity in map posters.

For toddlers is it better to get a simplistic map poster, or is it good to get the highest fidelity, most detailed and realistic map poster I could find.

Some just delineate continents and countries with solid colors, and others are more topographic and photographic.

TIA

I have a bright continent/country solid colour map that I bought laminated for $20 at Staples…and a topographical one that was included in my parents’ National Geographic subscription. My son looks at both (22 mo) but he prefers the brightly coloured one at this time.

By the way, I just googled “national geographic printable maps” and found their free site for downloadable maps. This might be nice to use to make bit cards for your child. They have two options: basic or detailed.

I just found a nice U.S. Map/poster at the Dollar Tree store… It’s actually pretty nice. My son wont keep it on his walls though, he’ll just pull it off. It’s a good find if you’re looking for something simple to start with - I also got him an ABC chart that was the same size.