Making laminated books

My kids are destroying their board books. So, I would like to make some laminated books, and have a few questions. Are there any safety concerns with kids playing with laminated things? I am looking for something very durable, hopefully not bendable. Will I have to buy an expensive industrial quality laminator, or will a cheap one do the job? Also, I would really appreciate ideas & links to great pintables that I can laminate for them. TIA.

The only safety concern that I can see is if they have sharp edges. You can buy laminating pouches that have rounded edges. You can find a cheaper laminator that should do just fine. Just make sure you see how many mils it will handle. Mine only does up to 5, but 5 mils is plenty thick!

As of right now I too laminate books but you may have to consider the BPH levels in the plastic? You can also use a paint on gloss finish that will work as well, sometimes there are spray on ones.

I haven’t started laminating yet but I do plan to laminate my own cards for EK. I have this book Animals Encyclopedia and the pics are really nice and big (one A4 page is just the pic of the animal and the opposite page the facts), i plan to dismantle it and laminate each page. Now you just gave me a great idea, to punch holes on the side so i can still have it as a book using a binder and then at the same time flash cards :wink:
Thanks for the idea and karma to you :slight_smile: