making dot flash card

Hi Brillkids team and experienced parents,

I’m new to this teaching-math-to-baby thing. My son is 7 months old. Hope it’s not too late to start teachning him math. I plan to make him a red dot flash card. But I have some question:

• In the back of the dot card, should i put number in there? :confused: Then I can show him both sides like in the word flash cards that have Word in the front and picture in the back.
  • the size of the card, half of A4 is big enough ?

Thank you

Not necessarily… meaning you can put the number there but for you dont need to show him the numeral, just show him the quantity till he can get the quantity sense…

But you will need to at least write in small letter the number as you cant go counting the number everytime you show…so just dots on one side and a small number on top on the other side for your own reference!

later u can print the numerals when all is done!

Thank you Kyles Mom ,

Does it mean I have to introduce 1-100 quantity before introducing him the number?

I read that we can teach him equation when he know 1-20. Really?

How can i know he get the quantity sense or not?

Is half A4 paper big enough?..I can’t afford the software, but I still want my baby to learn :mellow:

Thank you

Hi Indy_mom,

You can begin introducing equations after 20. However, that means you will have more sessions of math, as you continue to teach him 21-100 as well as begin with addition.

You can check to see if half of an A4 paper is big enough by watching him interact with other objects that are the size of the dots on the paper. Does he see grapes the size of teh dots and can he focus on one (to pick it up) when there are several on the plate? Can he follow a toy that size around with his eyes when you move it around in front of him?

There was a good explanation of the Doman math method here: http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-math/maths-equations/15/

Hope it is helpful. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much, THen

your advice’s really practical. I’ll try checking