Maintaining Momentum

For those of you who are “veterans” to the Early Learning/Infant Education.
How do you maintain your momentum?

My biggest fear is that I’ll

a) Fail spectacularly
b) Succeed spectacularly

I am not in the least bit intimidated by my children being “smarter than me” because I intend to work as hard to develop their character and social manners as I will to open them to the fun side of academia. How do you maintain momentum? Where do you go after instant arithmetic and basic algebra?

I’ve looked at options such as Jones Genuise and Calculus Without Tears for as they get older for Math
A Library card should make it possible to read 100’s or even 1000’s of books if my children want to do that sort of thing, and the world of “bits” and such seems so overwhelming. I know that by the time the child is 2 or 3 we can do bits on their interests and what not but I’m curious and feeling lost just thinking about the prospect of losing momentum…

You will find that your program goes through peaks and valleys depending on your CHILD and what they want to do, depending on YOU and what’s going on in your personal/home/social lives, and that’s ok. it’s all part of it. It will never be steady all the way through IMO, it will always be impacted by “life” to a certain extent…how much so depends on how “gung ho” you were to begin with.

Biggest challenge for us right now is EK.

We need to do EK, but we don’t really. Lots of reading, math, but EK is
a great, big, gaping HOLE in our program. Flashing bits is the closest we come, and even then we don’t do enough.