LR helps speech

We started with the trial version of LR and now are working on semester 1. I am amazed at how much Emily’s (2y5m T21) speech improved during the trial. She speaks well, but her articulation and new words was amazing. We are on day 13 and I am sure she will be reading soon.
cinny

Yes, you are very correct. One of the recurring themes that parents note when using LR is improved speech and communication!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3EHQ3AyuRk

This is great program and yes you would see an improve on their speech, We’ve been using it and its an amazing tool if you want to help to build their vocabulary in a fun way :smiley:

I agree. We started with Little Reader when my baby was 5 months old. At around 9 months, we went to a memorial park, she suddenly said d-d-dog dog and pointed at something in front of her, when her nanny looked at the direction of my baby’s finger, there was a white poodle lying down. She again said dog when she saw another dog the same day. She would also say cat cat whenever she sees our neighbor’s cat. Then at 11 months old, she can say mama, daddy, lolo (grandpa) lola (grandma) and at 12 months, she can say fish, eat, baby and man. She can also partly say toes (her version is toto) and milk (her version is mi-mi). All words are part of the Little Reader Semester 1 Curriculum.

We’ve had a similar thing too! Our 2 year old on Monday little boy has suddenly started avidly pointing out body parts and signing generally. We are so chuffed and am certain it’s because of LR as the timing fits. We’ve been trialling the UK trial for a week or so now. We will have to wait to buy the full version but he doesn’t seem to mind us repeating a few things :wink: .

I’ve just posted elsewhere that it would be brilliant if it could also include the makaton sign for each word. It would really help kids like ours with speech delay that’s expected to go on for a while! He has Down syndrome.

That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing your little one’s progress!

Peasoup, kindly check the scholarship program here http://www.eeecf.org/sponsorships/individual-sponsorships.php !

I loved your idea of Makaton signs! Perhaps it can be something that can be created and used by other families who have LOs with special needs here. One outstanding thing about Little Reader is that it is highly customizable. So for example if someone has photos, pictures or short video demonstrations of the signs, they can be easily incorporated into existing curriculum!

How exciting. Looking fwd to starting with my baby. What age is optimal to begin?

I think you can start any time, the earlier the better I think! It is really helping my little one’s speech as well. Nothing else has really budged it (he has a condition in which kids sometimes never speak) but LR gets him vocalising and saying more words more often!