looking for information

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have two young boys , one is 4 and the little just turned one. Our little guy has down syndrome. I am looking for ways in which to help him achieve all that he can be and also I want to try and enhance my 4 year old learning experience. I am looking for help and suggestions on where to start. Thank you

Welcome. First I would advise that you join because I think you will get more support if you post in the section for parents of kids with special needs. There are a lot of kids with down syndrome in our community. I post a bit in that section myself because I have an older child with multiple learning issues. Anyway if you spend some time reading the posts there you will pick up lots of ideas. Some even have links to their own blogs where they give a more intimate look into their early learnings experiences with their child. If you can afford it, I really like the Little Reader program. I started with Your Baby Can Read but then switched over to Little Reader. It’s an easy way to start since the lesons are prepared for you.

Good Luck, Lori

Kandcsmomma,

Like Lori mentioned you can find a lot in discussions on the forum – ideas for activities, books, learning tools. You can use search button at the top of this page to search for any key word or topic.

Plus I would encourage you to post! Any specific question you might have will take just a few minutes to post, but I got a lot of help and ideas in the beginning of my learning journey just bringing it up for discussion here. Parents here are very kind, open minded and understanding, and the best thing – they are usually suggesting what worked for them!

Here is also a link to Special needs board Lori mentioned - http://forum.brillkids.com/parents-with-special-needs-children/

But do not hesitate to post questions in other related boards as well!

You also might want to check a special scholarship program we have for special needs children here – http://www.eeecf.org/sponsorships/individual-sponsorships.php Because we want them to succeed :yes:

It is wonderful to have you here, welcome to the Forums!